Dog's need for Affection, Love & Attention
Practically everybody assumes that dogs have certain basic needs: food, water, a place to sleep, exercising and veterinary attention. However, the idea is not that the dog should limit itself just to survive, but also to live and feel alive! being happy and contributing to make our life sweeter. In order to achieve this, it is not enough to satisfy only its material needs, but also its affective and social needs. All dogs need affection, love and attention to interact with other beings and exercise their minds and they also need comprehension and empathy.
The knowledge or understanding of dog breeds helps us to better understand them. For example, if your dog belongs to a breed that looks after cows or sheep, it is obvious that it will try to keep the cyclist or the people jogging at the park from diverting. A big part of a dog's conduct is due to its genes and its inheritance.
The typical conduct of a breed can obviously be modified in each animal, but the only way of doing it is by canalizing its instincts in order to give an acceptable and even useful way out, never trying to extinguish or repress them. As the British psychologist John Rogerson, "the genes carry the gun, but it is the environment that pulls the trigger." Dog Coat Jacket Fleece T-Shirt
Canine Dog Intelligence
Dogs, as a specie, don't have the capacity or intelligence to understand the concepts of right and wrong. The only thing they can do is to adapt their conduct to our reactions, but without sharing either our scale of values or our judgment in their acts.They don't feel it is incorrect to walk on the carpet, with their paws full on mud or guess that they can not eat the sirloin that was supposed to be served on Sunday at noon and that someone has left in their reach. Unfortunately, dogs sometimes lead to confusion with the guilty face they show when their caught in fragrant, but they really don't understand our values. Many dog owners assume that the animal "knows it has done something wrong" by seeing its gestures, but the truth is that the guiltiness is a human emotion and those gestures express only submission; the dog is trying to protect itself from the master's anger by showing submissive. From the dog's point of view, leaning the ear to the back side, lowering the tail, crouching and discretely walk to its bed, it the most appropriate thing it can do when the master begin to get mad in a sudden and inexplicable way. Dog Pens
Dog's Sensitivity and Emotions
Dogs are emotional. You can provoke anger and aggressiveness on them and they surely experiment stress and frustration. What is not clear yet is that their way of living these emotions is the same as ours. The dog's language, even when rich and varied, is very different from the human's. The serious communication problems that exist between some dogs and their masters, lead the masters to think that their dogs are stupid because it can't even understand a bunch of basic words and truth is that it is the owner who doesn't know how to teach them. We can learn foreign languages, conceive new ideas and develop new abilities, but the dog's capacities are different and it there is no point on measuring their intelligence by comparing it with ours, due to their different nature.
Therefore, what dog is the silliest? The one that quickly runs from the park to its master when he call it, knowing than what he pretends is to put the lead on the dog and take it home, or the one that plays being lazy, keep on smelling here and there and enjoys life while the master jumps and shouts trying to call his dogs attention? Maybe the intelligence is as relative as beauty and emotional sensibility for the dog as essential as its intelligence.
- A newly born dog depends on its mother to feed, to keep warm and alive; the mother should even provoke the puppy's defecation.
- Now it is your turn to satisfy all of your dog's basic needs: food, water, shelter and veterinary attention.
- A dog can't say: "I feel sick" It is the owner who must pay close attention to its conduct or aspect and recognize the symptoms.
- Dogs emotionally depend on social interaction. They need physical contact, company and moments of joy with us.
- The future conduct of your puppy depends on you. Socialize it properly and you will avoid future conduct problems.
- Train your dog about how to behave in each situation. You will be responsible of your dog's good or bad behavior.
- Some dogs develop an insane dependency on their masters and when they are left alone at home, the dogs ruin or break thing not as a prank or revenge, but because they are extremely disturbed.
- If you have two dogs, get them used to being separated every now and then or they could develop and excessive mutual dependence.